Bear Growl Gravel Grinder
Bear Growl Gravel Grinder
Join us in July for a
Groovy Gravel Adventure!
JOIN US JULY 10 in GREENVILLE!
Enjoy an epic day on two wheels and support a do good mission!
Tucked in the base of Northern California’s Sierra Nevada mountain range, a stone’s throw from Reno and Chico, the B3G: Bear Growl Gravel Grinder is truly a celebration of gravel riding at its best and a one-of-a-kind cycling experience. Bear Growl Gravel Grinder offers three ride options, all surrounded by old barns and pummeled (in the best way) with fantastic views, these rides will not disappoint!
The B3G is an exciting and challenging gravel and paved event showcasing the most amazing roads in Indian Valley. Bringing the good ol’ fun of gravel riding with a laid back atmosphere, the event features distances for all riding abilities.
Gravel Events: 50 mile & 90 mile gravel routes
Road Events: 60 mile paved route
The courses feature a perfect blend of pavement, dirt road, gravel road with historic Sierra Nevada elevation grades and is 2-hours from Reno, Nevada Airport (RNO), 3-hours from Sacramento, California Airport (SMF), and 4.5-hours from the Bay Area.
Top 10 reasons to join our one-of-a-kind charity cycling event!
- Consistent July temperatures
- Fully Supported event with fun Aid Stations
- Quiet and rambling country roads
- Join us at B3G: After Dark for a post-ride after party featuring good eats, local craft beer, and live music!
- Incredibly beautiful course(s) in the quiet and rural part of Northern California
- Super-duper awesome swag bags – it’s undeniable
- A down-home atmosphere will make you feel right at home
- Because being on the bike is good for the mind, body and soul!
- Your fundraising efforts unabashedly make a big bear difference in the lives of our foster youth and their families (but don’t worry – our bears won’t bother you!)
- 100% of event proceeds go to support children and youth in foster care served by Sierra Nevada Connections.
Bear Growl Gravel Grinder is managed entirely by Sierra Nevada Connections staff, volunteers, and foster families, and is the largest fundraiser for our organization.
and a great experience for our participants!
A frontier experience where the air is crisp, the creeks are clear, and the food is homemade and top-notch. Experience gravel riding as it should be – open spaces, good vibes and fun people! Social distancing to us is no crowds, no lines – just a good time.
- Staggered start times within each group to support social distancing requirements.
- Increased level of safety and hygiene support including hand sanitizer, more gloves, bottled drinks, spacious finishes & more to keep participants safe.
Packet Pick-Up will occur on Friday, July 9, 2021, from 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm and then again Saturday, July 10, 2021, from 5:30 am – 7:00 am. We encourage you to come to Friday night packet pick-up to avoid the morning rush! All packet pick-up will be held at the Sierra Nevada Connections office: 96 S. Main Street, Greenville, CA 95947.
B3G Ride Day Details:
Parking: There is plenty of free parking both near our HQ and around Greenville as a whole. However, we do ask you avoid parking at the IGA Evergreen Grocery Store.
The ride will feature 6 different aid stations that will be shared by the various rides and are represented on the course maps by the picnic table icon. Each aid station will be equipped with various items such as, but not limited too, snacks, water, energy shots, and will feature our official hydration partner Ultima. For all the details about the race and the course, visit the course details.
All riders will receive a FREE lunch! Lunch will occur between 11:00 am – 4:00 pm. Come enjoy our local Young’s Market’s delicious take on tacos, featuring an array of meats, salsas, and seasonal veggies / fruits.
B3G: After Dark: Join us at B3G: After Dark for a post-ride after party featuring good eats catered by our Crescent Mill’s very own Gigi’s Market, local craft beer, and live music. After Dark will begin at 5:00 pm, dinner will be served at 6:00 pm, and we can all get groovy until 10:00 pm! Get your tickets today!
Stay for the weekend
Come early and stay late and enjoy this amazing region! A variety of camping and cabins are available for nighttime chill-axing and recovering as daytime is for riding, swimming, hiking, fishing and even boating!
When: Saturday, July 10, 2021
Start Times: All rides start at 8:00 am
Where: All races begin and end at 96 S. Main St. Greenville, CA 95973.
Bear Growl Gravel 50
Bear Growl Gravel 90
Bear Growl Paved 60
Train with Us on Strava!
Share your rides!