Bear Growl Gravel Grinder
Bear Growl Gravel Grinder
Join us in July for a
Groovy Gravel Adventure!
Bears Den HQ
JOIN US JULY 9 in GREENVILLE!
Enjoy an epic day on two wheels and support a do good mission!
Tucked in the base of Northern California’s Sierra Nevada mountain range, a stone’s throw from Reno and Chico, the B3G: Bear Growl Gravel Grinder is truly a celebration of gravel riding at its best and a one-of-a-kind cycling experience. Bear Growl Gravel Grinder offers three ride options, all surrounded by old barns and pummeled (in the best way) with fantastic views, these rides will not disappoint!
The B3G is an exciting and challenging gravel and paved event showcasing the most amazing roads in Indian Valley. Bringing the good ol’ fun of gravel riding with a laid back atmosphere, the event features distances for all riding abilities.
Gravel Events: 50 mile & 90 mile gravel routes
Road Events: 60 mile paved route
The courses feature a perfect blend of pavement, dirt road, gravel road with historic Sierra Nevada elevation grades and is 2-hours from Reno, Nevada Airport (RNO), 3-hours from Sacramento, California Airport (SMF), and 4.5-hours from the Bay Area.
Top 10 reasons to join our one-of-a-kind charity cycling event!
- Consistent July temperatures
- Fully Supported event with fun Aid Stations
- Quiet and rambling country roads
- Make it a weekend – enjoy the outdoors with fishing, boating, hiking, and much more!
- Incredibly beautiful course(s) in the quiet and rural part of Northern California
- Super-duper awesome swag bags – it’s undeniable
- A down-home atmosphere will make you feel right at home
- Because being on the bike is good for the mind, body and soul!
- Your fundraising efforts unabashedly make a big bear difference in the lives of our foster youth and their families (but don’t worry – our bears won’t bother you!)
- 100% of event proceeds go to support children and youth in foster care served by Sierra Nevada Connections.
Bear Growl Gravel Grinder is managed entirely by Sierra Nevada Connections staff, volunteers, and foster families, and is the largest fundraiser for our organization.
and a great experience for our participants!
A frontier experience where the air is crisp, the creeks are clear, and the food is homemade and top-notch. Experience gravel riding as it should be – open spaces, good vibes and fun people! Social distancing to us is no crowds, no lines – just a good time.
- Staggered start times within each group to support social distancing requirements.
- Increased level of safety and hygiene support including hand sanitizer, more gloves, bottled drinks, spacious finishes & more to keep participants safe.
B3G: Charity Rider
If you are feeling inclined to do more for Sierra Nevada Connection’s foster youth and foster families, reach out to Alex Rossington (ARoss@sierranc.org) about how to get involved as a B3G: Charity Rider. Charity Riders are individuals who raise extra funds to further use in achieving our fundraising goals. These additional funds are crucial to SNC’s mentorship programs, which are not funded by the state. We encourage all riders to become a Charity Rider, these riders will also gain additional exclusive swag items! Join the B3G as a Charity Rider today!
B3G Ride Day Details:
Parking: There is plenty of free parking both near our HQ and around Greenville as a whole. However, we do ask you avoid parking at the IGA Evergreen Grocery Store.
The ride will feature 6 different aid stations that will be sha
red by the various rides and are represented on the course maps by the picnic table icon. Each aid station will be equipped with various items such as, but not limited too, snacks, water, energy shots, and will feature our official hydration partner Ultima. For all the details about the race and the course, visit the course details.
All riders will receive a FREE lunch!
Stay for the weekend
Come early and stay late and enjoy this amazing region! A variety of camping and cabins are available for nighttime chill-axing and recovering as daytime is for riding, swimming, hiking, and boating!
Bears Den HQ
The Bears Den HQ is the official start/finish line for the B3G, and acts as the events primary location. All events and on goings of the B3G will occur at the Bears Den.
When: Saturday, July 9, 2022 *( We are also looking at Saturday, June 26, 2022 as an alternative date, stay tuned!)
Start Times: All rides start at 7:00 am
Where: All races begin and end at the Bears Den HQ, 96 S. Main St. Greenville, CA 95973.
Bear Growl Gravel 50
Bear Growl Gravel 90
Bear Growl Paved 60
Train with Us on Strava!
Share your rides!