- Sierra Nevada Connections will provide the adoption home study
- We will assist with filing all the adoption court paperwork and assist through finalization
- Foster child will be placed for a minimum of 6 months before adoption is an option
What are the requirements to be a Fost-Adopt parent?
Sierra Nevada Connections provides adoption services in the State of California only.
- Must be 21+
- Married or single, with or without children
- Attend the Fost-Adopt trainings (some offered online)
- Have an approved Fost-Adopt home study
- Be fingerprinted and cleared on Child Abuse Index Clearance & Department of Justice
- Fill out all required paperwork
- Must be in good health
What About Financial Assistance & Medical Coverage?
- While a Fost-Adopt parent, you will receive a monthly reimbursement for your child. After the child has been adopted, you will receive AAP (Adoption Assistance Program)- the amount of financial assistance is determined based upon the special needs of the child and circumstances of the family. Each child is insured by Medi-Cal which covers their medical, dental, and vision expenses. This continues until the child is 21 years of age, even after the child has been adopted. Medi-Cal pays for therapy for each child too.
- Sierra Nevada Connections does not charge a fee to become an adoptive family. Fost-Adopt families are allowed up to $400 for expenses incurred while adopting a child. This is reimbursed through the State, not the Agency.
What Kinds of Fost-Adopt Parents is Sierra Nevada Connections Looking For?
- Strong, stable families who care about children and have love, patience, guidance, and understanding to give to children or youth
- Individuals, couples, or families who are dedicated to making a life-long commitment to a child in need of a home
Adoption License #045090027